10. Halong Bay in the Quang Nink province of Vietnam, also known as the eighth wonder of the world is at number 10 on the list of the world’s top 10 romantic destinations. An amazing blend of sea and limestone islands along with caves and islets is exactly what it offers.
9. At number 9 is Riviera Maya in Mexico that is renowned for its sheer luxury and comfort. Known as the most breathtaking beach in Mexico, you can enjoy the scenic beauty of the blue waters of the Caribbean coast along with the ruins and jungles of the Yucatan area.
8. Any list of the top 10 romantic getaways will be incomplete without Tahiti, a part of French Polynesia. With 118 islands and atolls, this place has a lot to offer. You can enjoy the star speckled skies; look forward to cruising in the turquoise blue water of the lagoons and also sign up for some world-class snorkeling in the world’s most beautiful lagoons.
7. Mykono and Santorini in the Greek Isles offer a marvelous blend of history, culture and food. This European place has retained its charm through the years and is considered to be one of the most inexpensive travel destinations. Paros is the place where you can rest, relax and rejuvenate and Mykonos literally means a party and cosmopolitan hub.
6. At number 6, we have the tropical paradise of Maui in Hawaii that welcomes you with its warm waters and refreshingly breathtaking beauty and rejuvenating flora. Lanai, which is known as the ‘Garden of the Gods’ has intriguing rock formations. Oahu has the famous Waikiki beach where you can swim with the dolphins.
5. The Seven Mile Beach in Negril, Jamaica has white sands, rocky cliffs and waters that are rich in minerals. The clear waters of the sea have coral reefs and tropical fish that offer an incredible snorkeling experience. Lovers Leap at Yardley Chase near Southfield is the most famous spot that hangs over the sea and it is a 1700-foot cliff.
4. In the top 4 romantic destinations, the tropical paradise of St. Lucia in the chain of eastern Caribbean islands has a blend of both Britain and France offets amazing snorkeling and warm, blue waters. Just 14 miles wide and 27 miles long, this island is lush green and beautiful.
3. Sun Island in the Maldives ranks numbers 3 and it is world-famous for the softest sand and the most spectacular views of beaches and lagoons. Perfect weather and the best hospitality is precisely what makes the Republic of Maldives one of the most visited tourist destinations in the world.
2. The Praia de João Fernandes peninsula in Brazil has one of the most beautiful beaches in the world and this gives the number 2 position in this list. Magnificent beaches and crystal-clear waters make it the all-time favorite of surfers. It also has many hotels and inns as well as tiny beaches and bays.
1. Venice in Italy takes the top spot as the most romantic place in the world. Located on the Adriatic coast, it is a city of lagoons that has retained an old-world charm. Gondolas are the primary mode of transport and the cobblestone streets, narrow canals and cute piazzas give you a taste of paradise.